Our policies are primarily designed to keep you focused and on track to ensure your success. Please take a few minutes to read our policies and if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
- Refunds and Missed Lesson Policy - Please note lessons CANNOT be carried forward and there are NO REFUNDS on missed lessons.
- Putting your lessons on hold - You may put your lessons on hold with 14 days notice but please note that your time will not be held and you may need to book a new time on your return.
- Practice requirements - Without regular consistent practice progress is unlikely. In most cases students who fail to practice at least five days a week will almost certainly give up within a few months due to a lack of progress. To avoid this we require all students to meet the minimum practice requirements and ask that you fill in a practice log each day, whether it's the one in your book or your own diary/spreadsheet. Beginners should aim for between 20 to 30 minutes a day depending on your age. If you are unable to make the minimum requirements please speak to your teacher.
- Holidays - Your teacher will notify you in advance as to whether lessons on holidays are cancelled, but usually the only time we take off are the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
- G4 Guitar Method - You are required to bring your book/folder to every lesson. If you lose your book another one can be purchased for $15.
- Guitar - All students must bring their own guitar and it should be tune before the lesson begins. You should also purchase a clip-on tuner or download a tuner app. If you need help learning how to tune please speak to your teacher. If you break a string there are several good videos on YouTube that will teach you how to replace a broken string. Your teacher can email you a link to a video on request.
- Parent involvement - For children under the age of 13 years we require at least one parent or guardian to attend the introductory lessons. In some cases especially with younger children we might ask parents to be more involved. You will also be asked to assist your child at home with practice.
- Media and Privacy - From time to time, we take photos, video, or audio recordings of students playing. This is, in part for the student’s own benefit, as it gives a measurable sense of progress to see/ hear yourself in different stages of development. All images and recordings will be archived, and you will be able to obtain a copy directly from your teacher. These may also be posted on our Facebook page, Youtube, Soundcloud, or other relevant social media sites, because we believe that good things are worth sharing. If you do not want your image/your children’s image to be used online, please let us know at time of enrollment.
- Questions - If you have any questions at all please feel free to speak to your teacher.